Pages

Jun 11, 2011

Review: Sugarpill loving

I think I just died and went to heaven. I finally received a packace from sugarpill . First I found out about Lime Crime (review coming later) via friend on Facebook and somehow after websurfing I stumbled apon another fab cosmetic line; Sugarpill!

Sugarpill - Afterparty
Sugarpill - Poison Plum
Lashes - Ebay
Maybelline Gel eyeliner


What is Sugarpill?
Sugarpill is "custom line of vibrant, richly pigmented, velvety pressed eyeshadows and sparkling loose powders", as they say on their website. The line was made by Amy Doan aka Shrinkle (her blog here). They sell  loose shadows, pressed shadows and pressed eye palettes. You can find them in here.

Sugarpill has become so popular, that most of their products are often out of stock on their website, and you can find lot of people on the internet that are looking for the products! So how did I get these? I ordered them via www.nelly.com . This webstore currently ships their products to Finland, Sweden, Norway, Germany and to Netherlands! And all shipping is for free all summer! And they do have most of the products that are out of stock in US!

Same look as above

So I got the Cold Heart- eyeshadow palette which looks like this:


The package and the palette ~ Sooo pretty 
(Btw; click the piture to see in real size)

"Sugarpill products are cruelty-free and never tested on animals!" 。◕‿◕。
So, first of all I´d like to say that I would buy this broduct based off the packaging only, because it´s soooo cute! Immidiately I feel like that these are something for me. And they are never tested on animals. Only downside I have to say about the palette, is that it´s made out of some cardboard box, so in my use (makeup with me all the time) it will probably start scatter from the edges... We´ll see. But the palette feels good in hand and the mirror in it is a good addition!

Cold Heart Palette
Poison Plum
Bulletproof
Tako
Afterparty
From left to right -
Afterparty
Tako
Poison Plum
Bulletproof

It has four delish colours in it. Mostly I´m fond of the blue, because it has kind of a shimmer to it. But I´m also liking the Poison Plum, which is kind of royal matte purple, but still has a shimmer to it. Tako is an ordinary white, and is easy to use as a highlight. Bulletproof is a bit of a dissapointment, it´s not as dark as I hoped. It has a brownish edge to it.

Making only skin swatches is a bit boring so I made few eye swatches. And no, I would not wear these colors just like this, this is just to show the true colors and how they react with eyecolor and light etc.

Afterparty:


Poison Plum:



I ordered one separate pressed eyeshadow, this bright pink - Dollipop

And just to show how bright it is:


What a pretty pink!

And I also ordered three loose eyeshadows!

Three loose eyeshadows and the Dollipop pressed eyeshadow

From left to right; Magpie, Starling and Darling

These are sooo vibrant and pretty, that I start drooling by just looking at the pictures...

Used wet on skin - Magpie, Starling and Darling
Dry; Magpie, Starling, Darling
Darling ~

More Darling 

Starling

Magpie 
So, all in all, I have to have to have to get more sugarpill products. No lying. These products are not the cheapest, but well worth the price. I can´t wait to get more! Amy, you are a genius. I´m also impressef with her, she is such colorful and beautiful herself!

Next week some time I´ll try to do the Lime Crime review as well :3 So till next time

Love Love ~

3 comments:

  1. can't ... take... the epicness. *faints* ... beautiful makeup looks and beautiful products. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god. they're awesome. i love you eyes so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...